Custom Wrapped Canvas

Monday, June 17, 2013

Tournament Play - Time to Travel

Well it is Tournament Time.  Time to travel to Nashville for the Senior Open Qualifier.

I have been getting prepared by practicing the drills for  warm-up, short game,  putting, and routine work out.

As I talked about in my post for focus it is time to put it into realization.

My wife and I will depart tomorrow morning for the 3 1/2 hour drive to Nashville.  Once there we will check-in to our hotel and relax.

The next day we will go out to the course where I will meet up with my caddy.  He is a student at a nearby college that works at the golf course I will be playing.  He will provide me with local course  knowledge since I haven't played the course before.  If you are playing in a qualifier or any tournament and you don't have your own caddy, the best way to inquire for one is to ask the golf pro at the course who they might recommend.  I believe I will have a good caddy in this fellow.  You see he is a player with a 4.5 handicap, so he should not only know the course well, he will have golf knowledge.

I will start with a work out on the range for warm-up, then practice at the chipping and sand area, and finish up at the putting green.  We will then tee it up with 3 other qualifiers.  We will map out the course and figure our strategy for the tournament play the following day.

We will also be able to relax and hopefully get some good photos of the course, since during the tournament I won't have the time and will need my focus to be at its best.

Well, time to get ready for a good night sleep prior to the long drive.

Until next time, keep rested so you won't tire out during the long haul......



No comments:

Post a Comment