Custom Wrapped Canvas

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Golf Tournament Goes Bad

Well I am back from my golf venture in Georgia.

Sorry I haven't written in a while but I am back.

It didn't go as I wanted.  I was attempting to qualify for a Champions Tour Event.

I was doing fairly well and then with 4 holes left I hit a nine iron which stopped when it hit the ground and ended up causing a hairline fracture in my right hand ring finger.  The pain was excruciating and as my wife stated, "You looked like you were going to fall to the ground you were in so much pain."

So I had to withdraw and not finish the tournament.  This was to be the first event for the year and now it might be the last.  We will see how long it will take to heal.  I have to wear a splint on my finger for at least a month.  Then depending on the healing I don't know when I will be able to swing again.

I had to withdraw from the US OPEN Qualifier May 7th, but am keeping myself signed up for the Senior US Open Qualifier in Nashville on June 20th for the time being.  I will know more by end of May if I will have an idea if my finger will be able to take it by that time.

Well, time to go.  I will continue my blog on Golf Etiquette on my next Posting.

Keep your tempo smooth and your swing easy.......

No comments:

Post a Comment