Today my main practice was on putting.
Below is the routine I followed:
- Started with 3 foot drill
- Place 8 balls 3 feet from hole
- putt until miss
- keep putting until make 50 in row
- Then worked on 5, 10, 15 drill
- place tee markers 5, 10, and 15 feet from hole in straight line
- place another tee marker 2 feet from opposite line of the 5,10, 15
- place three balls at 5 foot tee marker
- stroke each ball either in the hole or stopping before the 2 foot tee marker behind the hole
- If you hit any putts short of the hole or past the tee marker start over.
- continue to 10 and 15 foot marker
- again, if you miss any you must start back at the 5 foot marker and begin again
- continue until you have completed 3 balls at each marker
The second 5,10,15 drill will help build your distance and speed control.
By continually practicing these drills you will be able to not only impress your playing partners on the weekend, but take their money.
Until next time, keep your tempo smooth and your eye on the ball.......